Thursday, February 10, 2011

My House

I wanted to share with you a few pictures of what is going on at our house right now.  We are having some major foundation work being done.  Here is a picture of the back of the house. 


Here are the pilings that they are driving into the holes on the exterior of our house.  They are reaching a depth of 20 feet.  Amazing!

Here is a picture of one of the holes on the inside of our house.  Yes, they had to put 16 interior piers under our house which they accomplished by jack-hammering through our slab.  Concrete dust is everywhere, as you will see in the next picture.
 

The hearth is black, so that nice white layer is concrete dust. 

Here is a picture of my kitchen.  The board is covering up one of the holes and the one on the left is the start of another hole they are jack-hammering out. We tried to tape off and cover as much as we could before they got started, but as you see from the fireplace above, we forgot a few places. 
There are several more pictures as in every room on the first floor has holes in them, but I won't bore you with anymore of them.  In the future, you might start seeing more interior design posts from me and DIY how-to's for a little while.  We will be spending all our free time with the repairs after the foundation work is complete, i.e. putting in new floors, patching and painting, etc.  I promise I won't abandon my crafts, but this has to be taken care of first.

0 comments:

Post a Comment