This was definitely going to be a handmade costume since this cartoon aired back in the 1980's. My daughter is discovering many new to her cartoons thanks to Netflix.
To make this costume I used a white unitard and dyed it yellow. As you can find in my previous post. To make the flames I used a knit jersey material in red and orange colors. It needed to be a stretchy material for it to work with the stretchy unitard. I was able to use the sewing machine to piece the orange and red material together, but the flames had to be hand sewn to attach it to the unitard. At that time I added some sequins to the flames. For the most part the costume is complete. All that is left is the mask. That will be my next post.