Friday, January 6, 2012

Getting Organized



I tend to be a rather organized person, but this has gone by the wayside once I had my second child.  Now I'm making it a priority to get organized this year.  I feel like I spend twice as much time getting a task done because I'm either looking for something or there's just too much stuff distracting me from getting it completed.  I know I'm not the only one that is trying to get organized because I went by Goodwill to drop off  some stuff this past week and it was bursting with donated items.  Then of course Pinterest has all sorts of pins about getting organized right now.
It can be a little overwhelming to get organized and I found a great site to help me get organized through out the year.  The site is Home Storage Solutions and the challenge is called 52 weeks to an Organized Home.  I'm going to give it a shot and see if I can get my house under control again.

organized home challenge

My other problem is keeping all the activities organized and in a central place.  My husband built me a wonderful dry erase calendar with bulletin board and that works great, but I found an awesome app called Cozi today.  There are so many cool things about this app.  You can put your whole family on it so once my kids get older they can be clued in on what's going on.  It can be accessed by your computer, phone, ipad, etc.  There is a grocery list feature on it so anyone in the family can add to the list. There is also a meal planning feature as well.  It's completely free and I signed up to give it a try.  I'm hoping this will be a useful tool for our family.  I'll let you know how it works for us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment