Monday, January 2, 2012

New Purse


Happy New Year!  Hope everyone had a nice night ringing in the New Year.  We went out the night before, so we stayed home for New Year's Eve and I worked on sewing a purse.  Exciting, right?  It actually was for me since I was trying out my new machine.  I'll post more about my machine later this week.
On to the purse, I was in need of a new purse and wanted one that I could sling around me and not have to worry about keeping track of it.  The pattern (Two Zip Hipster) is from Dog Under My Desk and you can find the pattern here.  It is an easy to follow pattern and has lots of pictures which helped me out.
I used a fabric I had on-hand which was an upholstery fabric that I bought at least 5 years ago from Anzea.  It looks great as a purse!  It was a little tough to sew in places because of the multiple layers of fabric and the thickness of the fabric itself, but it worked!  Here's a picture of the inside.  I'm kind of wishing I did a pop of color in there instead of just gray, but I do like how it turned out.


3 comments:

  1. That's a stylish and versatile bag. It looks great in the photo with jeans, but would look equally as good with a dressy outfit. I like it!!! I would love for you to share this at my linky that's just for bags: http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/01/threading-your-way-bags-and-totes-link.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta bag! Looks very practical and stylish.

    ReplyDelete