Sunday, September 11, 2011

Calendar & Bulletin Board


Since school started it has been difficult to stay organized.  I keep multiple calendars, one on my computer, one on my phone and then I always end up with one on paper.  It's ridiculous, but I really need to see it in front of me for me to remember what is going on. I figured it was time to get a dry erase calendar, but I also needed a bulletin board to pin up all the additional pieces of paper, invitations, etc.  Of course I didn't find anything I liked at the store and it needed to fit in a specific spot of my house.  I wanted it to hang in my kitchen, but I wanted it out of the way.  It hangs on the side of my kitchen cabinets.  This is the perfect spot for me since it allows for me to check it while I'm on my way out the door.
I have to give the credit to my husband for building this for me. I came up with the design and he figured out how to make it.  I found the magnetic/dry erase calendar at Target and the bulletin board was cut to fit.  The frame uses casing for door frames on the sides and then the top and bottom are composed of different types of molding.  Once he was finished assembling it was my turn to paint it.  I love how it turned out!
I'm hoping this will help me stay more organized this school year.

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous! Well done Hubby! :) What a beautiful bulletin board! Thank you so much for linking your post up at Savvy HomeMade Monday and I hope you will come back to party tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete