Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Sewing Machine

Ya'll wouldn't believe how happy I am that I received a new to me sewing machine for Christmas.  I've been sewing on my mom's old Singer from the 1970's and it worked fine, but I wanted a machine that had an automatic button hole function and more stitches.  If you asked me when I was a teenager if I'd ever want a sewing machine for Christmas I would have said that you were crazy.  My mom sat me down a few times to teach me to sew and I took home ec in junior high, but I was by no means very good with the sewing machine and became easily frustrated with it.  My mom is an excellent seamstress and it wasn't until she threatened to cut me off from making anything on a sewing machine for me that I was finally motivated to learn to sew.  She made everything for me formal dresses, curtains, pillows, bedspreads, clothing and a wedding dress.  Come on I couldn't give that up.  Now I completely enjoy it and adore my new machine.  My new machine is a Bernina 1130 and my mom has the same one so she gave me a run down on how to use it.  It sews so nicely and I couldn't be happier.  Thanks Mom and Dad for the sewing machine!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki, now aren't you a fortunate young lady. What a fabulous Christmas present. I hope you enjoy it. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete