Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions

Now that it's a New Year I started thinking about some resolutions that I would like to have this year. My first resolution is to get my bedroom draperies done.  I've had the fabric sitting on a roll in the corner of my bedroom for a year and a half, maybe longer.  I had been putting it off because I wasn't sure what style I wanted and if I wanted to use that fabric, etc.  Seriously though, my mom was doubting that I have a degree in Interior Design since I was so clueless as to what I wanted for window treatments.  :)  I'm not sure what took me so long.  I think I was waiting for the sewing fairy to sew them up for me.  I worked on them this weekend and I have to say I love them.  My bedroom is starting to look like a real bedroom rather than a prison cell.  My bedroom is the last room that I spend money on and it really is depressing.  So, I'm making it my mission this year to make it beautiful and to finish up window treatments in some of my other rooms.  My other resolution is to get some pictures printed and start working on the kids' scrapbooks.  I did place an order for pictures today for almost 300 pictures.  Good grief, I haven't printed pictures in ages and I'm sure there are more on the computer that I need to print out.  Aaack.
So, I can show you that I got one thing checked off my list, here are my bedroom drapes.




2 comments:

  1. This doesn't photograph near as good as it looks in person. Time to paint the room Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready to paint. I don't think I'm going to wait till the foundation is done. I'm just going to take a chance and hope the walls won't be cracked when they are done lifting the house. :)

    ReplyDelete