Sunday, September 18, 2011

From Wet Bar to Half Bath


We've been slowly working on parts of our house and sometimes it is hard to see the progress until you start looking at before and after pictures. Today I'll be showing you my half bath that was previously an awesome 1970's wet bar.  For us the wet bar stored random bits of junk and a margarita machine. Our half bath was previously located adjacent to the breakfast area in our kitchen.  When we were looking at buying our house that was one of the very first things I wanted to change.  I think my husband thought I was kidding.  Here are the before pictures.  We took them right before demo.
 







Here is the picture that shows you the pass through that was in my living room.  

The formica that was used in there must have been popular because I know at least 2 houses on my block with this same counter tops.  There was also some wallpaper that had been painted over and once we removed the shelves we found some pretty interesting wall paper.  It's always fun to see what was previously there and what past homeowners have done.  Unfortunately, for anyone else there is no longer a wet bar in existence in this house. With lots of work it has turned into a half bath.  I'm not going to lie this was an enormous undertaking to take on as a DIY project.  I mean if this gives you any idea, the sewer line had to be rerouted so we could accommodate another bathroom.  All the work was done by us with help from my family.  Here are the after pictures.












The artwork in my bathroom are framed perfume labels. 







6 comments:

  1. Gosh what an undertaking! I bet it's totally worth it though, I'm not sure what I'd do with a wet bar.....:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You got your half bath! I bet you're so glad that's done...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello #99 - I am #100 in the Roomspiration. Stopping by to say hello and follow. Wow - ingenious idea and how wonderful to add an extra bathroom. The perfume labels are a cute touch. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing transformation... it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great transformation! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. so cool.

    i would love for you to link this post up to flashback fridays going on now over at love notes.
    go check it out!
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete