Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pool Poncho


This project has been on my to do list for the last few months and I finally made time to get it done.  It is a very easy and quick project!  I'm not sure why I've been putting it off for so long.  I found a great tutorial at Sandy Toes and Popsicles. I tweaked a few things since I made one for my little guy and niece.
Here is what I changed for their size.  Since beach towels are so big, I had to cut them down.  After cutting it down, it still didn't seem to lay right on my little one, so for my niece's I cut off the corners and rounded them. I used bias tape on the edges I cut off.  I'm hoping to get a picture of her in it at the beach.


For the hood, I had to cut a bunch off.  It works better to just keep trying the hood on your little one's head to get the fit just right.  I found the beach towels at Target and paired them up with a matching hand towel.
They turned out super cute and we tried them out today at the pool.  The kids loved them. Here they are hamming it up on the swings.




Here's a view from the back of my little guy picking blueberries.

4 comments:

  1. I totally need to make some of these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate is going to just love wearing hers! Also, I LOVE how it looks like the shark is about to chomp at Oakley's head! Haha, humorous AND adorable. PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete