Monday, June 27, 2011

In a Jar


I've been racking my brain for a month on what to make for thank you gifts.  My sister inlaw, Ashley actually gave me the idea.  She gave my mom a ghirardelli cake mix in a jar for Christmas and I thought this would be a great gift especially when you need to come up with 8 identical gifts.  Instead of the cake mix I went with brownies.  I found the jars at the craft store and went with the smooth Ball jars.  Then here are the ingredients you will need.

1-1/2 cups of sugar
1/3 cup of cocoa
1 cup of flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
1 cup of white chocolate chips

Mix the baking powder and salt in with the flour.  Then you can begin layering the ingredients into the jar. Start with the sugar, then cocoa, flour, chocolate chips. 

I then made a label for the jar with the cooking directions.


Baking Directions:
Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour an 8" square baking pan.
Combine 1/2 cup of softened butter with 2 eggs in a large bowl.
Pour in jar contents and mix. Spread into prepared pan.
Bake for 35 minutes. 

I topped them all off with a bow that I hot glued to the lid.  They were pretty simple to make and a great gift for just about anyone. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment