Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Candy Dispenser



Here is the project I submitted for the pumpkin theme week on SYTYC.  


Wouldn't it be great if you had a candy dispenser you could leave out on the porch for trick or treaters?  We always seem to take turns on who passes out the candy and who takes the kids around trick or treating.  This year we can both take the kids trick or treating and leave the pumpkin to hand out the candy.


 You too can make this great candy dispenser using a craft pumpkin, foam core and a knob.  Then you can make the pumpkin as silly or as spooky as you like.  It is such a simple design and all the kids have to do is pull the knob and out pops a piece of candy. 



Here is the tutorial I promised.  




3 comments:

  1. Seriously, fantastic! Are you planning on putting together a tutorial? I'd love to know how your knob works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to know how this works too! I loved this project... thought it was totally unique and cool. Good luck with the rest of the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try and put together a tutorial for the pumpkin this weekend.

    ReplyDelete