Thursday, February 2, 2012

DVD Player Screen Holder

I literally whipped these up the night before we left for a trip.  Seriously, my husband told me at 9 o'clock at night that we needed something to hold the DVD players screens in the car.  I'm pretty sure he's testing my sewing ability under pressure or just my sanity.  The screens used to snap in to a piece that was attached to our headrests in the car, but after our multiple times being broken and glued back in to place we needed to come up with another solution.  So, here is what we came up with, it's sort of a pocket with straps.  I had some neoprene scraps to make the holders and let me say that was an experience all in itself.  Neoprene is difficult to work with, but I was trying to get it done quick so it's not pretty folks. I used velco straps to attach it to the headrest and it's worked out perfectly.  Now I just need to figure out what the tricks are to working with neoprene.


See the little black bar below the headrest.  That is where they used to snap into place and it stuck out pretty far.  Which unfortunately put it in perfect kicking range for my 2 year old when he got upset.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment