Monday, August 8, 2011

New Dress


My daughter has been on a dress kick lately and has worn a dress for the past 3 weeks.  So, I decided to go ahead and make a dress for her.  We had the fabric and pattern already and it took no time at all to sew up.  I even put in a zipper on my own. Gasp!  I have a fear of zippers and have maybe put in a total of 3 zippers ever.  I seem to look for patterns without them.  I think I might have finally overcome my fear of zippers.
Here are the kids off to the park even though it has been a hundred degrees outside.



4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! that material would be so cute for rebekah's upcoming cupcake birthday party! wish i could sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the fabric at JoAnn's. Wow, Rebekah is already going to be a year old. Time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! my MIL went to JoAnn's and found a cupcake material. She's going to make this pattern: http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2011/05/little-girls-crossover-pinafore-pattern.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SmashedPeasAndCarrots+%28Smashed+Peas+and+Carrots%29&utm_content=Google+Reader Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a super cute outfit! We wanted to make something like that when Lily was younger, but didn't find a pattern for it until she was older. Rebekah is going to look absolutely adorable in it.

    ReplyDelete