Tuesday, June 19, 2012

1920's Headpiece


We went to a really fun 1920's party that our neighbors hosted.  The flapper dress was made by my mom back when I was in college.  The only thing lacking in my costume was a headpiece.  I wanted something pretty and sparkly.  I waited till the last minute to work on this, so I headed over to the craft store and picked up a few jewelry pieces that I could combine.  The top piece is a beaded bracelet and the piece in the middle is a pendant.
First, I cut out a circle out of thin cardboard and wrapped it in black fabric.  Then I hot glued the bracelet in a U-shape on to the fabric covered cardboard.  I had a bit of a problem gluing the pendant since the surface was no longer flat with the bracelet attached.  I made a spacer out of a bottle cap and glued it on and it worked perfectly.  Once the front was done I attached an alligator clip to the back.  I found the cute beaded headband at the store and clipped the two together.  I loved the way it turned out and received compliments on it all night.  


Here's a picture of my husband and I dressed up in our 1920's outfits. We had a great time!




0 comments:

Post a Comment